Meals on Wheels provides the ability for seniors to remain in their homes and get a nutritous meal, friendly visit and safety check. This also helps them cope with three of the biggest threats against aging: hunger, isolation and loss of independence. Research proves that when seniors have the right support, they gain a greater quality of life, need fewer hospital stays, and live longer.
· We provide this service to those who are 60 years or over.
· For persons who are unable to attend congregate meals at Homer Senior Center because they are homebound or disabled.
· If the weather or emergency conditions make it unsafe for them to get to Homer Senior Center for the congregate meal.
· Must be in our delivery area.
· Must be advised by a doctor that you are in need of this service.
· A donation of $7.00 is very much appreciated for each meal delivered. Donations help our programs remain financially viable.
Our Goal is to serve our community members.
We hope you enjoy your home-delivered meals!
Funding for the meal program is partially funded by a State of Alaska grant, but it is the community’s support and participant donations that make this program such a huge success.
Remember your generous donations help this program remain a success.